Minutes of Weekly Meeting, 2011-08-29

Meeting called to order: 11:10 AM EDT

1. Roll Call

Eric Cormack
Ian McIntosh
Brian Erickson
Carl Walker
Harrison Miles (joined 11:20)

Excused:
Heiko Ehrenberg
Adam Ley

2. Review and approve previous minutes:

08/08/2011 minutes:

  • Draft circulated on 08/08/2011.
  • No corrections noted.
  • Insufficient attendees for approval.

08/15/2011 minutes:

  • Draft circulated on 08/15/2011.
  • One correction noted: In comment by Heiko near the top of 4c, change 'od' to 'of'.
  • Insufficient attendees for approval.

08/22/2011 minutes:

  • Draft circulated on 08/22/2011.
  • No corrections noted.
  • Insufficient attendees for approval.

3. Review old action items

  • Adam proposed we cover the following at the next meeting:
    • Establish consensus on goals and constraints
    • What are we trying to achieve?
    • What restrictions are we faced with?
  • All: do we feel SJTAG is requiring a new test language to obtain the information needed for diagnostics or is STAPL/SVF sufficient? see also Gunnar's presentation, in particular the new information he'd be looking for in a test language
    (http://files.sjtag.org/Ericsson-Nov2006/STAPL-Ideas.pdf)
  • Ian/Brad: Condense gateway comments and queries into a concise set of questions. - Ongoing
  • All: Forward text file to Ian containing keywords from review of meeting minutes. - Ongoing.
  • Carl/Brad: Get annotated keyword worksheets to Ian by Wednesday Close of Business. - Ongoing
  • All: Consider how a keyword can be used to define the chain configuration for a given test step, and what that keyword might be.
  • Ian: Make the ITC Poster available on the SJTAG website. - COMPLETE
  • Ian: Circulate details of the Fringe Meeting at ITC. - COMPLETE

4. Discussion Topics

  1. Summer Newsletter
    • [Ian] I sent out a draft of the Newsletter over the weekend, I hope you've all had a chance to look at it.
    • [Eric] Yes, I think I sent you an email on that.
    • {Draft Newsletter shared}
    • [Ian] At the moment it's all about ITC; that's a little disappointing, I was hoping for some other suggestions to add.
    • [Brian] ITC is the big thing for this issue.
    • [Ian] It is indeed.
    • [Carl] It's a pity I can't attend this year.
    • [Eric] I hope to be able to go next year.
    • [Ian] In the recent issues, we included an item that covered what we'd been discussing in recent meetings, so is it worth putting in something on the 'pairwise analysis' we've been doing recently? It'd maybe be more padding than anything really informative.
    • [Eric] It's OK if you have the time.
    • [Ian] It wouldn't take that long, but the problem is I really need to get the newsletter out ASAP, so I wouldn't have time to get group approval of the text; you'd need to trust me to get it right.
    • [Carl] I've got no problem trusting to your judgement on this.
    • [Ian] OK, I'll look for approval now on the draft with the inclusion of a third item to cover the pairwise analysis.
    • [Carl] I'll make that motion.
    • [Eric] I'll second.
    • [Brian] There's no objection from me.
  2. September Meeting Schedule
    • {Harrison joined}
    • [Ian] Last week we proposed an outline schedule for September meetings. I think only Carl was absent from that conversation, but we suggested omitting 5th due to Labor Day.
    • [Ian] 12th looked like it was OK, then 19th was probably a bad day as some people would either be travelling to ITC or already involved.
    • [Ian] 26th was then another possible.
    • [Eric] That all sounds about right.
    • [Ian] So the proposal is to omit 5th and 19th, and meet on 12th and 26th.
    • [Harrison] That works.
    • [Ian] Any objections?
    • {None voiced}
    • [Ian] As I recall, Brian can't make 12th?
    • [Brian] That is correct.
    • [Ian] And I may be doubtful on 26th, depending on jet lag.
  3. Explore communication between a pair of devices
    - Continue simple diagram development
    - FPGAs
    - Processors
    • [Ian] I think this would be better left until we have a larger attendance.
    • {No further discussion}

5. Key Takeaway for today's meeting

None.

6. Schedule next meeting

Next Meeting:
September 12th (11:00 AM EDT, 4:00 PM BST)

Schedule for September 2011:
12th, 26th
Brian will not be able to attend on 12th.
Ian may not attend on 26th.

7. Any other business

  • [Ian] We're building up a few sets of outstanding meeting minutes. Actually, we've had at least one low attendance meeting in the latter part of August during each of the last three years, so there's a bit of pattern there.
  • [Ian] We're in danger of having to spend most of a meeting getting through the approvals soon! Unless we can approve them through a 'Postal Ballot'; get people to email their approvals.
  • [Eric] That might be an idea.
  • [Ian] We've now got two weeks until the next meeting so we can maybe organize something in that time.
  • [Ian] We could also use the forums; it'd give more transparency on the votes but I'm not sure that everyone has actually set up accounts on the forums.
  • [Ian] I circulate something on the idea, one way or the other. {ACTION}

8. Review new action items

Ian: Circulate proposal for offline approval of outstanding meeting minutes.

9. Adjourn

Carl moved to adjourn at 11:31 AM EDT, seconded by Eric.

Respectfully submitted,
Ian McIntosh