Minutes of Weekly Meeting, 2012-02-20

Meeting called to order: 11:05 AM EST

1. Roll Call

Eric Cormack
Ian McIntosh
Carl Walker
Adam Ley
Heiko Ehrenberg
Peter Horwood

Excused:
Patrick Au
Brad Van Treuren

2. Review and approve previous minutes:

02/13/2012 minutes:

  • Draft circulated on 02/13/2012.
  • One correction noted: Adams first comment in 4a, remove '}' at end of line.
  • Insufficient attendees to vote on approval.

3. Review old action items

  • Adam proposed we cover the following at the next meeting:
    • Establish consensus on goals and constraints
    • What are we trying to achieve?
    • What restrictions are we faced with?
  • All: do we feel SJTAG is requiring a new test language to obtain the information needed for diagnostics or is STAPL/SVF sufficient? see also Gunnar's presentation, in particular the new information he'd be looking for in a test language
    (http://files.sjtag.org/Ericsson-Nov2006/STAPL-Ideas.pdf)

4. Discussion Topics

  1. Reaffirmation of Officers
    • [Ian] I need to check what our procedures say, but I don't think we have a quorum.
    • {Group Operating Procedures shared}
    • [Ian]We need at least 50% of the voting-eligible membership for a quorum. If if I exclude myself, we do not have a quorum today.
    • [Ian] Could we perhaps do the voting through email?
    • [Heiko] I think so.
    • [Ian] Perhaps we should have a motion on today's call and then do the voting via email?
    • [Adam] I move that we accept the current slate of officers for another year.
    • [Carl] I second that motion
    • [Ian] The other related item here was that we really should find someone for editor/secretary for the group to help with the minute-taking. Heiko offered help with the minutes in the interim, but I think we should try to find another person or persons to share the editor responsibilities.
    • [Heiko] Yes, I can help, but I'll be missing next week's meeting, so we still need at least a backup.
    • [Ian] I’ll get an email out tonight to initiate the voting and to ask for volunteers for the editor position. {ACTION}
    • [Ian] I'll ask for replies by 27th.
  2. Proposed reorganization of SJTAG forums
    • [Ian] The idea was to see whether we can move the 'Working Group Administration' section out of the private forums, and into the main, public SJTAG Discussion section.
    • {Forum section shared}
    • [Ian] Does anything in the "Working Group Administration" forum preclude us from making this a publicly accessible section?
    • [Eric] Is there anything in the 'Public vs Private Disclosures' that Brad may not want seen?
    • {Thread viewed}
    • [Ian] The only thing might be the quoted P1687 group email, but I think it's just restating TTSC flow down, and went to the reflector anyway.
    • [Eric] The Road Map - should we maybe review and update that before making it public?
    • {Thread viewed}
    • [Ian] It's history. It's for Q4 2009, so I don't see much point.
    • [Heiko] Should the proposition give a reason for moving this section?
    • [Ian] Yes, it's about accessibility. I wanted to post about the reaffirmation, but the only suitable place was there, and where you need to be logged in to see it. So it was for visibility and openness.
    • [Ian] The proposition is to move the section into the public area of the forum, for greater visibility and openness.
    • Eric moved to turn the currently private "Working Group Administration" forum section into a public forum section. Heiko seconded.
    • No objections or abstentions, -> Motion carried.
    • [Ian] I'll take an action to make the change. {ACTION}
  3. SJTAG Primitives:
    Are we still unable to progress on 2-wire topologies?
    • [Ian] I don't think we are any closer to progress on 2-wire topologies, despite Adam's valuable tutorial, are we, given that we are still unsure of the viability of a Dot7 gateway?
    • [Adam] I think that is true. I have some follow-up on that, but have not made any progress yet.

5. Key Takeaway for today's meeting

None.

6. Schedule next meeting

Next Meetings:
27th February

7. Any other business

None.

8. Review new action items

  • Ian: Send out email with proposition to reaffirm the existing officers and requesting email votes by return.
  • Ian: Move Working Group Administration forum into the public section.

9. Adjourn

Peter moved to adjourn at 11:33 AM EST, seconded by Eric.

Thanks to Heiko for providing additional notes this week.

Respectfully submitted,
Ian McIntosh