Minutes of Weekly Meeting, 2017-04-10

Meeting called to order: 11:10 AM EDT

1. Roll Call

Eric Cormack
Ian McIntosh
Peter Horwood
Carl Walker
Brian Erickson
Heiko Ehrenberg

By Proxy:
---

Excused:
---

2. Review and approve previous minutes:

  • Approval of April 03 minutes (draft circulated on 04/03/2017)
    • No corrections.
    • Eric moved to approve, seconded by Peter. No objections or abstentions.

3. Review old action items

  • All: do we feel SJTAG is requiring a new test language to obtain the information needed for diagnostics or is STAPL/SVF sufficient? See also Gunnar's presentation, in particular the new information he'd be looking for in a test language (http://files.sjtag.org/Ericsson-Nov2006/STAPL-Ideas.pdf)
  • Ian: Add the previously discussed lists to the 'master' template. Ongoing.
    • Some sections need further expansion that may take time to develop.
  • Heiko - Raise AOB item at TTSC meeting to express our interest in forming a study group and enquire what material we would need to support the request. CLOSED.
    • Heiko had joined the TTSC call late, but there had been discussion of our enquiry on a working group and there will likely be a follow-up via email. If a working group is agreed then membership has to be "open" (it already is). Meeting minutes and attendance need to be recorded - while IEEE provides a system for this, it does not appear to be mandatory to use it. We would need to demonstrate what work has been undertaken so far (everything is on the website and publically available anyway).
    • Heiko can't see any reason to refuse a working group, but also noted that Bill may be able provide additional comments from the meeting. Heiko will be contacting Adam Cron again.
    • One question might be around what we've done for the past ten years and why would a working group now bring a PAR any closer. 
    • Next TTSC call is around July 12.

4. Reminders

  • Consider Adam's three points (from the action from the first weekly meeting) and suggest what is preventing us from answering those questions:
    • Establish consensus on goals and constraints
    • What are we trying to achieve?
    • What restrictions are we faced with?
  • Forum thread for discussion: http://forums.sjtag.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=172
  • Possible invitation for Al Crouch to talk about Parallel SIBs.
  • Python Netlists (SKIDL) suggested by Brad for discussion.

5. Discussion Topics

a. Building Blocks - Use Case of a simple Interconnect Test.

  • Brad had initially proposed to trial a simple Use Case against each of the three interfaces we had been discussing (1149.1, I2C and SPI), but this was modified to use a basic interconnect test instead as it may be more representative of the practical interactions.
  • Ian looked through his local files for a suitable diagram to base the discussion around (Peter had previously suggested the type of two-device example that might be used in an "introduction to JTAG" presentation).  Ian could find nothing suitable.  Peter offered to email something through for Ian to share, but Ian's email seemed not to be receiving incoming messages.
  • After a few attempts at restarting email, Ian concluded that it was going to be difficult to make any progress in the face of technical issues and proposed to close the meeting early and carry the agenda over to next week.  In the meantime, Peter will try to find a suitable diagram and forward it to Ian.

6. Topic for next meeting

  • Building Blocks - Use Case of a simple Interconnect Test.

7. Key Takeaway for today's meeting

  • None.

8. Glossary terms from this meeting

  • Carried over:
    • Definition of "interchangeability" required.
    • 'Instance' (or a more specific version of the term) may require definition in future.
    • 'Master through Slave Mode'
    • 'Master to Master Mode'
    • Need a refined definition of "system" for the purposes of the PAR.
    • 'Priority' - may relate to 'frequency' and 'urgency' in distinct definitions.

9. Schedule next meeting

  • Next meeting April 17.
  • April schedule:
    • 24.

10. Any other business

  • Ian hopes Michele will be able to provide a fuller report on the TESTA tutorial in due course.

11. Review new action items

  • None.

12. Adjourn

  • Brian moved to adjourn, seconded by Carl.
  • Meeting adjourned at 11:31 AM EDT

Respectfully submitted,
Ian McIntosh