Notes of P2654 Working Group Meeting No.126, 2021-10-11

 Meeting called to order:  11:05AM EDT

The slide references relate to the pack used during this meeting, located here: 
http://files.sjtag.org/P2654WG/P2654_Meeting_126.pdf

The cumulative reference pack is located here: http://files.sjtag.org/P2654WG/P2654_Reference_Pack.pptx (updated Dec 31, 2020)

iMeetCentral site: https://ieee-sa.imeetcentral.com/sjtag-sg/ 

1. Roll Call

Ian McIntosh (Leonardo) (chair)
Terry Duepner (National Instruments)
Brian Erickson (JTAG Technologies)
Jon Stewart (Dell)
Brad Van Treuren (VT Enterprises Consulting Services)

Guests:
---

Excused:
Bill Huynh (Marvell Inc.)
Eric Cormack (DFT Solutions)
Peter Horwood (Digital Development Consultants Ltd)
Joel Irby (AMD)
Richard Pistor (Curtiss-Wright)
Louis Ungar (A.T.E. Solutions)
Carl Walker (Cisco)
Tom Thompson (for IEEE)

Noted that the meeting was not quorate.

2. Agenda

  • Brian moved to accept the agenda, seconded by Terry, no objections.

3. IEEE Patent Slides

  • {Slides 5-10}
  • Patent and Copyright slides reviewed without comment.

4. Review and Approve Previous Minutes

  • {Slide 11}
  • Meeting #125, October 4 (draft circulated October 4)
    • No corrections noted.
    • Insufficient attendance to vote on approval, carried over to next meeting.

5. Review Open Action Items

6. Inter-group Collaboration

  • {Slide 13}
  • None.

7. Discussion Topics

7 a) Continue Review of Standard Draft

  • Continuing review, starting at top of page 9.
  • Brad shared and described some new SVG diagrams he has prepared as replacements and expansions of Ian's Hierarchy/Network diagram (Figure 4).  In the Nested Target view, the intent is to show that the interface (and everything below) is all part of the "target".
  • IEEE-SA requirements on the use of colour in diagrams recapped.
  • Might be hard to discern the differences between Figure 6 and Figure 7 without close reading of the text - the difference in the brace placement is not obvious and may be less so in gray-scale. Perhaps emphasise the Interfaces in Figure 6 and the Devices in Figure 7.
  • Text for Figure 6 doesn't mention the braces. 
  • Simpler version of the "Stack Diagram" (unnumbered figure on page 10) had been drafted (slide 95 of the meeting pack). Should be used (or an appropriately adapted version of it) to replace the current diagram.
  • Noted that some of the material here may be getting into too much detail for an introduction - perhaps all of section 4 might need to be trimmed down and simplified?
  • Simplified Request/Response diagram is one of those presented by Brad earlier.
  • Review to continue from the top of Page 11.
  • Version edited today saved as IEEESTD-P2654_Draft_D01_BGVT_20211011.docm in the Drafts/Group Submissions folder.

8. Any Other Business

  • {Slide 15}
  • ITC Quiz as an open, virtual social activity - noted through LinkedIn post and email via Jeff Rearick.

9. Glossary: 

  • None.
  • Carried over:
    • Network will need to be defined
    • PTPG - Programmable Test Pattern Generator/Generation
    • Better define structural test boundary vs functional test
    • Transfer module/library
    • Injection transfer module/library
    • RVF Message (to be refined)
    • RVF Command (to be refined)
    • "Tooling" - need to be clear on what is meant.
    • "True System".
    • Comment that "End-User" is subject to perspective and so needs to be qualified.
    • ModelPoint.
    • System Element.
    • System Resource.
    • 'System' needs the concept of a controller capability added.
    • "Filtering" may need to be defined.
    • "Translation" may need to be defined.
    • "Interface" is missing.
      • No obvious IEEE accepted definition.
      • 1687 has definitions for specialised forms: Device Interface and Instrument Interface.
      • We may need specialised forms for Software Interface and Hardware Interface.
      • "Interface" is overloaded and requires disambiguation.
    • 1687.1: Transformation.
    • IEEE 1856: Sense - "Sensor" done, Acquire, Analyze not really defined.
    • Device - do we mean a packaged device? May be many devices in a package. "Device" is often used as a modifier, e.g. "device package", "device identification".
    • Use Case Context, Application Context
    • Legacy Infrastructure, SJTAG Infrastructure (placeholders for now, really for working group to define).
    • "Generators": May need to be qualified as "Test Generators" (used by the integrator/tester) and "Model Generators" (used by IP providers, interface designers, etc.).
    • AccessLink and DataLink descriptions will need to be revised.
    • See P1687.1's definitions on Slide 31 of the pack presented by Jeff Rearick on Jan 14, 2019.
    • "State", "Vector", "Sequence" and "Pattern" as proposed at April 8, 2019 meeting.
    • "Event", "Access Interface" as proposed at April 15, 2019 meeting.
    • 'Port' needs to be developed.

10. Takeaways:

  • None. 

11. Schedule next meeting

  • October 18, 2021

12. Topic for next meeting

  • Continue review of standard draft
    • IEEESTD-P2654_Draft_D01_BGVT_20211011.docm
    • Start at top of page 11.

13. Reminders

14. List New Action Items

  • None.

15. Adjourn

  • Terry moved to adjourn, seconded by Brian.
  • Meeting adjourned at 12:02 PM EDT

Respectfully submitted,
Ian McIntosh