Minutes of P2654 Working Group Meeting No.149, 2022-05-09

 Meeting called to order:  11:05 AM EDT

The slide references relate to the pack used during this meeting, located here: 

Reference pack 1 is located here: http://files.sjtag.org/P2654WG/P2654_Reference_Pack.pptx (all 2020 material)
Reference pack 2 is located here: http://files.sjtag.org/P2654WG/P2654_Reference_Pack_2.pptx (all 2021 material)

iMeetCentral site: https://ieee-sa.imeetcentral.com/sjtag-sg/ 

1. Roll Call

Ian McIntosh (Leonardo) (chair)
Heiko Ehrenberg (GOEPEL Electronics)
Brian Erickson (JTAG Technologies)
Joel Irby (Flex Logix Technologies, Inc.)
Richard Pistor (Curtiss-Wright)
Louis Ungar (A.T.E. Solutions)
Brad Van Treuren (VT Enterprises Consulting Services)
Carl Walker (Cisco)


Tom Thompson (for IEEE)

2. Agenda

  • Brad moved to accept the agenda, seconded by Peter, no objections.

3. IEEE Slides

  • {Slides 5-13}
  • Patent, Copyright and Behavior slides reviewed without comment.

4. Review and Approve Previous Minutes

  • {Slide 14}
  • Meeting #148, May 2 (draft circulated May 2)
    • No corrections noted.
    • Brian moved to approve, seconded by Brad, no objections or abstentions → minutes approved.

5. Review Open Action Items

6. Inter-group Collaboration

  • {Slide 16}
  • P2427 ballot group formation has closed. [Post Meeting Note: Ballot group invitation has been extended for a further 30 days]
  • Brad, Michele Portolan and Jeff Rearick will meet on Wednesdays at 11:00 Eastern to help work through some of the generalisations across P1687.1 and P2654.

7. Discussion Topics

7 a) Clause 6 (Software Model) - continued

  • {Slide 17}
  • Review of IEEESTD-P2654_Draft_D01_BGVT_20210502.docm {shared}.
  • Start on adding sub-clause headings for clause 6.
  • Sub-clause heading already added for clause 5.
  • Existing 6.1 has yet to be moved into 5.
  • Should we have an unnumbered introductory section at the start of 6 in order to introduce the tree graph etc?  Past standards are mixed on convention over whether such a section should be numbered or unnumbered.  Styles guides may have changed over time, need to check latest guidance.
  • {Some time expended on formatting issues with document headings in Word}
  • This would cover the tree graph, nodes and edges, but likely in a non-normative manner.
    • 'Rules': What a node or edge must (or must not) have or do.
    • 'Recommendations': What a node or edge should preferably (or should not) have or do.
    • 'Permissions': What a node or edge is allowed to have or do.
    • 'Description' will be about behaviour, both within a node and between nodes.
  • Marked-up version with today's edits: IEEESTD-P2654_Draft_D01_BGVT_20220509.docm (https://ieee-sa.imeetcentral.com/p/aQAAAAAE8wRr).

8. Any Other Business

  • {Slide 18}
  • AutoTestCon 2022: Paper submission due to close May 15 but may be extended. We may not have time to consider a submission but can reconsider if the timeframe is extended. Final manuscripts due around July 15.
  • Our PAR will expire at the end of the year unless we take action to request an extension. TTSC will be looking at extension requests at the July meeting.  The request form {sample shared} poses some challenging questions for us - we probably need to do more on drafts quite quickly in order to present a suitably acceptable position.  May need to consider how best to assist the editorial process.

9. Takeaways:

  • None. 

10. Glossary: 

  • None.
  • Carried over:
    • Transfer Channel, replacing P2654 Message Channel
    • Network will need to be defined
    • PTPG - Programmable Test Pattern Generator/Generation
    • Better define structural test boundary vs functional test
    • Transfer module/library
    • Injection transfer module/library
    • RVF Message (to be refined)
    • RVF Command (to be refined)
    • "Tooling" - need to be clear on what is meant.
    • "True System".
    • Comment that "End-User" is subject to perspective and so needs to be qualified.
    • ModelPoint.
    • System Element.
    • System Resource.
    • 'System' needs the concept of a controller capability added.
    • "Filtering" may need to be defined.
    • "Translation" may need to be defined.
    • "Interface" is missing.
      • No obvious IEEE accepted definition.
      • 1687 has definitions for specialised forms: Device Interface and Instrument Interface.
      • We may need specialised forms for Software Interface and Hardware Interface.
      • "Interface" is overloaded and requires disambiguation.
    • 1687.1: Transformation.
    • IEEE 1856: Sense - "Sensor" done, Acquire, Analyze not really defined.
    • Device - do we mean a packaged device? May be many devices in a package. "Device" is often used as a modifier, e.g. "device package", "device identification".
    • Use Case Context, Application Context
    • Legacy Infrastructure, SJTAG Infrastructure (placeholders for now, really for working group to define).
    • "Generators": May need to be qualified as "Test Generators" (used by the integrator/tester) and "Model Generators" (used by IP providers, interface designers, etc.).
    • AccessLink and DataLink descriptions will need to be revised.
    • See P1687.1's definitions on Slide 31 of the pack presented by Jeff Rearick on Jan 14, 2019.
    • "State", "Vector", "Sequence" and "Pattern" as proposed at April 8, 2019 meeting.
    • "Event", "Access Interface" as proposed at April 15, 2019 meeting.
    • 'Port' needs to be developed.

11. Schedule next meeting

  • May 16, 2022

12. Topic for next meeting

  • Clause 6 - define subclause headings (continue).
  • Follow with clauses 7, 8.

13. Reminders

14. List New Action Items

  • None.

15. Adjourn

  • Peter moved to adjourn, seconded by Carl.
  • Meeting adjourned at 12:03 PM EDT

Respectfully submitted,
Ian McIntosh