Minutes of P2654 Working Group Meeting No.160, 2022-08-29

 Meeting called to order:  11:06 AM EDT

The slide references relate to the pack used during this meeting, located here: 
http://files.sjtag.org/P2654WG/P2654_Meeting_160.pdf

Reference pack 1 is located here: http://files.sjtag.org/P2654WG/P2654_Reference_Pack.pptx (all 2020 material)
Reference pack 2 is located here: http://files.sjtag.org/P2654WG/P2654_Reference_Pack_2.pptx (all 2021 material)

iMeetCentral site: https://ieee-sa.imeetcentral.com/sjtag-sg/ 

1. Roll Call

Ian McIntosh (Leonardo) (chair)
Heiko Ehrenberg (GOEPEL Electronics)
Brian Erickson (JTAG Technologies)
Joel Irby (Flex Logix Technologies, Inc.)
Richard Pistor (Curtiss-Wright)
Brad Van Treuren (VT Enterprises Consulting Services)
Carl Walker (Cisco Systems)

Guests:
Tom Thompson (for IEEE)

Excused:
Eric Cormack (DFT Solutions)
Louis Ungar (A.T.E. Solutions)

2. Agenda

  • Brad moved to accept the agenda, seconded by Joel, no objections.

3. IEEE Slides

  • {Slides 5-13}
  • Patent, Copyright and Behavior slides reviewed without comment.

4. Review and Approve Previous Minutes

  • {Slide 14}
  • Meeting #159, August 22 (draft circulated August 22)
    • No corrections.
    • Brian moved to approve, seconded by Brad, no objections or abstentions → Approved.

5. Review Open Action Items

  • {Slide 15}
  • [155.1] Brad: Obtain latest P1687.1 draft from Jeff.
    • Still waiting on the promised outline organisation. ONGOING
  • [158.1] - Brad to try to find sources for slides 40 and 41.
    • No time to progress. Not urgent. ONGOING
  • Action Item Register: http://files.sjtag.org/P2654WG/ActionItemRegister.xlsx

6. Inter-group Collaboration

  • {Slide 16}
  • None.  

7. Discussion Topics

7 a) Document structure – Flesh out A and B boards on 46 - 48

  • {Slide 17}
  • Left off last meeting with intent to add some content to the A and B boards.  
  • Slide 48 is point-to-point so doesn't include the shared bus feature that is present in slide 46. New slide {slide 49} created to show this.
  • Controller may connect directly to this shared bus {slide 50}.
  • Controller may be embedded in Board A {slide 51}.  Board C added to restore diversity of targets.
  • Point-to-point with embedded controller is another possibility {slide 52}.
  • Further permutations and hierarchies are possible, but these are probably sufficient "top-level" representations.
  • New slide {slide 53} created to start capturing features of Board A (strictly A'). Perhaps we don't want to call them "boards" at this point ("instances", "entities", "assemblies"?).  Not all features needed by each example - can grey out unused features.
  • Don't want to clutter the previous diagrams, but we might need to show "ports" to clarify how the features we show here map to the buses in the preceding illustrations.
  • We don't need to know what the buses are - we might have something in mind but for this representation we need to keep them generalised.
  • Should A' have logic under test? We haven't really hinted at that up to now, although it might be implied by slide 50.
  • Current WiP document remains IEEESTD-P2654_Draft_D02_BGVT_20220808.docm, on iMeetCentral at https://ieee-sa.imeetcentral.com/p/aQAAAAAE95fm

8. Any Other Business

  • {Slide 18}
  • One comment received on PAR Extension request, suggesting that the Technical Editor might be changed. This is currently an elected position and elections are due at the end of this year anyway. However, the new "Common P&P" is currently with AudCom for review and does not require the Editor to be elected. (P&P was submitted July 27 and no checklist has so far been provided - AudCom meeting is September 20)

9. Takeaways:

  • None. 

10. Glossary: 

  • None.
  • Carried over:
    • Transfer Channel, replacing P2654 Message Channel
    • Network will need to be defined
    • PTPG - Programmable Test Pattern Generator/Generation
    • Better define structural test boundary vs functional test
    • Transfer module/library
    • Injection transfer module/library
    • RVF Message (to be refined)
    • RVF Command (to be refined)
    • "Tooling" - need to be clear on what is meant.
    • "True System".
    • Comment that "End-User" is subject to perspective and so needs to be qualified.
    • ModelPoint.
    • System Element.
    • System Resource.
    • 'System' needs the concept of a controller capability added.
    • "Filtering" may need to be defined.
    • "Translation" may need to be defined.
    • "Interface" is missing.
      • No obvious IEEE accepted definition.
      • 1687 has definitions for specialised forms: Device Interface and Instrument Interface.
      • We may need specialised forms for Software Interface and Hardware Interface.
      • "Interface" is overloaded and requires disambiguation.
    • 1687.1: Transformation.
    • IEEE 1856: Sense - "Sensor" done, Acquire, Analyze not really defined.
    • Device - do we mean a packaged device? May be many devices in a package. "Device" is often used as a modifier, e.g. "device package", "device identification".
    • Use Case Context, Application Context
    • Legacy Infrastructure, SJTAG Infrastructure (placeholders for now, really for working group to define).
    • "Generators": May need to be qualified as "Test Generators" (used by the integrator/tester) and "Model Generators" (used by IP providers, interface designers, etc.).
    • AccessLink and DataLink descriptions will need to be revised.
    • See P1687.1's definitions on Slide 31 of the pack presented by Jeff Rearick on Jan 14, 2019.
    • "State", "Vector", "Sequence" and "Pattern" as proposed at April 8, 2019 meeting.
    • "Event", "Access Interface" as proposed at April 15, 2019 meeting.
    • 'Port' needs to be developed.

11. Schedule next meeting

  • September 19, 2022
    • No meeting September 5 (Labor Day)
    • No meeting September 12 (Ian not available)

12. Topic for next meeting

  • Flesh out A and B boards on 46 - 53
    • Prefer to address "structure" if P1687.1 outline is available.

13. Reminders

14. List New Action Items

  • None.

15. Adjourn

  • Joel moved to adjourn, seconded by Brian.
  • Meeting adjourned at 12:10 PM EDT

Respectfully submitted,
Ian McIntosh